2012年3月14日星期三

A glance at golf in this week

"I still think We've plenty left in the tank," Webb said. "I'll know in the event the day comes that i am done. It will likely be once i don't wish to put in the work. It's not fault the sport I prefer. I love competing and winning tournaments, and I have to make the work to do that, and i also dedicated to the swing changes and started spending so much time.

"I still want to do this. I haven't contended enough before few years however think We've enough good golf within me to get a great year."

Last year she had a reasonably darn good year inside a month. Webb, who had won one time in 77 starts heading to the 2011 season, won the HSBC Women's Champions in Singapore then made it two Mizuno Mp-63 irons wins in as much starts 3 weeks later by suppressing Brittany Lincicome and Paula Creamer to accept inaugural RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup at Wildfire Golf Club in Phoenix. Both the wins were an important jolt of confidence for Webb, who won 25 times from 1996 through 2001, including 13 in 1999 and 2000 when she was going toe-to-toe with Annika Sorenstam.

"The a very important factor I am aware now is which i really didn't appreciate while i was winning six or seven times a year, because I figured that was things i was meant to do. Win and start working on the following week," she said. "I've changed in 15 years. Now I appreciate winning more, and perhaps are interested in a way I've never wanted it before.

"Overcoming the pressures and the expectations I put on myself are very different than after i was at my 20s."

Time for defend her title starting today, Webb is within a fantastic place ?a emotionally, physically and literally. She loves the Mizuno MP 53 Irons tournament that celebrates the 13 founders from the tour whilst through an eye toward the longer term by donating $500,000 on the LPGA-USGA Girls Golf Program.

"Last year was obviously a very big win personally actually. I hadn't won back-to-back tournaments in the long time, especially about the LPGA tour, also it wasn't a shock, nevertheless it was great to back that first win up," said Webb, who donated her $200,000 first-place check for the Christopher and Dana Reeve Foundation and Japan Relief. "And this is a special tournament. I loved the theory right away. And we don't thank the people that came before us enough. To get three from the founders there was beneficial to the younger girls to understand a little more about the people who started everything. They got in order to meet them and listen to a number of great stories."

Webb hadn't heard much in regards to the LPGA history when she joined in 1996.

"But I learned in short order what these women meant to the sport. I loved researching the discount golf clubs founders, listening to them tell stories, especially Louise Suggs, who tells it enjoy it is," Webb said. "I heard everything that they to complete ?a create the gallery ropes, cut the checks, make rules, try to sell tickets, a great deal more. And then they could play golf.

没有评论:

发表评论