2012年2月8日星期三

Johnstone is unable to play anymore

From your high of winning the European Tour’s flagship event of year in 1991 towards the low to become told although never play the game again after being identified as having multiple sclerosis 12 years later, the Zimbabwean may be through everything.

With that time, he was struggling to spread out a door, had difficulty remembering his very own children‘s names and may barely walk, aside from play golf.

Yet five years after getting the crushing news, the short-game expert did the unthinkable making it a miraculous recovery against all odds by TaylorMade R11S Driver lifting the 2008 Jersey Seniors about the European Senior Tour, finishing two shots away from the chasing pack. Annually later, he won the lucrative Senior Masters at Woburn.

In a exclusive interview with Golfmagic, the charismatic African, who lives in Sunningdale along with his wife Karen and youngsters Dale and Lauren, reveals how he’s now awaiting doing its job a brief game coach, as well as continuing his role being a Sky Sports broadcaster and European Senior Tour player.

My wins at the PGA Championship and Qatar Masters were very special wins, but I would need to the Jersey Seniors was the sweetest.

I became diagnosed in 2003 and was told I used to be never going to play again. Which was one of several hardest moments of my well being. I lost my discount golf clubs memory, couldn?¡¥t remember the kids names and lost all my co-ordination.

When my left side went numb, I was thinking I became using a stroke but it was diagnosed being a viral infection and that i was given steroids, which did help for a while.

But 8 weeks later, my co-ordination deteriorated and my golf game vanished. My short-term memory began to suffer, too. I‘d ask my partner the identical question ten times over as soon as forgot my son’s name. I‘d speak to people, then greet them like long-lost friends moments later.

Thankfully, I had a clinical trial involving TaylorMade RocketBallZ Fairway wood Alemtuzumab. It was a complete miracle. The drug is used to treat leukaemia but like a three-year trial by Cambridge University, it is also just right for MS - not only halting, but repairing the harm caused by the illness.

I'm extremely thankful. It then opened the floodgate for another victory 12 months later at the Travis Perkins Senior Masters at Woburn. The next day, my MS Society Pro-Am at Sunningdale raised greater than ?¨º100,000 for that charity. How much of an incredible couple of days.

没有评论:

发表评论